What the Portal offers
The Portal offers insight on the development and financing of sustainable infrastructure. We scan news and specialist press on infrastructure, sustainability, technology and finance and compile a selection of noteworthy developments around the world. The Portal also demonstrates how sustainable infrastructure can serve as a catalyst for realizing the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
What Is Sustainable Infrastructure?
IISD defines Sustainable Infrastructure as assets that:
- Lower carbon and environmental footprints
- Provide for the stewardship of natural ecosystems
- Move beyond compliance on core labour standards and human rights
- Provide for the use of clean technologies
- Trigger green innovation across domestic and international value chains
- Spur investment in education, up-skilling and R&D
- Increase employment
- Are financially viable
- Crowd-in domestic investors and businesses
- Increase FDI and domestic value-added
- Optimize value for money for tax payers and investors across the asset lifecycle