Join us for a webinar on credit enhancement solutions to explore trends and innovation in the market today.
Why Focus on Credit Enhancement?
The world needs about USD 3.7 trillion worth of investment in infrastructure every year, according to the Global Infrastructure Hub. Despite the cumulative efforts of governments, development finance institutions and the private sector, current spending on infrastructure still falls short by about USD 600 billion annually. There is a pressing need for innovative solutions to de-risk projects in ways that increase credit quality, decrease default risk and lower financing costs for infrastructure projects. This brings value-for-money for governments, citizens, and investors alike.
Credit enhancement solutions improve the financial viability of infrastructure projects by transferring material infrastructure development and financing risks to credit-worthy third parties—such as multilateral developing banks and pension funds—that are better placed to mitigate them.
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) undertook a global survey in 2018 to map out credit enhancement solutions available for infrastructure projects and identify barriers that prevent their more widespread use.
This informed two products, developed by IISD and the MAVA Foundation
- An online inventory on the growing range of credit enhancement instruments: https://www.iisd.org/credit-enhancement-instruments/
- The paper entitled “Credit Enhancement for Sustainable Infrastructure”: https://www.iisd.org/library/credit-enhancement-sustainable-infrastructure
Agenda (Central European Summer Time):
09:00 – 09:10: Introduction to the IISD Online Instrument Inventory
- Laurin Wuennenberg: Researcher, Innovation at IISD
- Alexander Martin: Consultant, Credit Enhancement and Risk Mitigation at IISD
09:10 – 09:30: Key insights and discussion on the paper “Credit Enhancement for Sustainable Infrastructure”
- David Uzsoki: Senior Advisor, Sustainable Finance and Infrastructure at IISD
9:30 – 10:00: A conversation on trends and current practice
- Boo Hock Khoo: Vice President of the Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility
- Lasitha Perera: Chief Executive Officer of GuarantCo
- Jef Vincent: Programme Officer, Renewable Energy Finance at the International Renewable Agency (to be confirmed)
10:00 – 10:30: A discussion on innovation in credit enhancement
Boo Hock Khoo, Lasitha Perera, Jef Vincent
The webinar will be moderated by Oshani Perera, Director of the Public Procurement and Infrastructure Program at IISD.
Look for more information at: https://www.iisd.org/event/webinar-credit-enhancement-sustainable-infrastructure