IISD and the Global Center on Adaptation co-hosted a webinar on climate-resilient infrastructure. We focused on the economics of climate risk, including sustainable asset valuation for infrastructure investments and road infrastructure in the face of climate change.
The webinar featured the following speakers:
- Michael Mullan, Infrastructure Lead, Global Center on Adaptation
- Professor Jim Hall, Oxford Environmental Change Institute
- Susanna Zammataro, Director-General, International Road Federation
- Andrea M. Bassi, International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Oshani Perera, Director, International Institute for Sustainable Development
For questions and suggestions on this and future webinars on climate-resilient infrastructure, please contact Max Linsen at email@example.com.
- View the original announcement of the webinar here
- More information on the Sustainable Asset Valuation approach is available here: https://iisd.org/savi/.
- The case study introduced in this webinar's presentations was a road project in Morocco. The details of this case are available here: https://iisd.org/savi/project/contournement-de-rabat-morocco/
- The International Road Federation's Manifesto on climate change adaptation is available at https://www.irfnet.ch/files-upload/newsletters/2016/mailing_09112016/IRF_Manifesto_Adaptation.pdf
- SuM4All, the initiative on sustainable mobility for all, can be found here: http://www.sum4all.org/